Austin, Texas native with a passion for live music and anything entertainment!
In 2016, I made the best decision of my life to move from Austin to Los Angeles to pursue my passion for law, specifically music and entertainment law. I am fortunate to have a variety of experiences in the industry which have given me the tools and knowledge to be a rising legal star. I am a trusted advisor who provides expertise to creative entrepreneurs, entertainment entities, and music artists across all aspects of the industry. Licensed to practice law in California.
I have a broad range of legal experience and my collective experience in the legal field spans more than 8 years. After many years working as a paralegal, I realized my calling was to make the transition to entertainment where I could combine my passion with my hobby. During law school, I interned at Music Sales Corporation (now Wise Music), an indie music publisher. I also gained experience in a breadth of transactional matters and intellectual property at New York City-based boutique law firm, The Fried Firm, where I worked with artists, producers, entrepreneurs, and movie production companies to name a few. After that, I worked at Yu Leseberg, a reputable Hollywood firm, where I was exposed to an array of Billboard Hot 100 artists. Currently, I am also an associate at HBK Lawyers, a plaintiff’s law firm that handles employment and habitability cases.
I graduated from Southwestern Law School with a concentration in Entertainment and Media Law. During law school, I was actively involved in campus activities, serving as President of Entertainment Law Society and President of Music Law Society. I also was selected to be a Law Student Reporter for the 34th Annual (ABA) Intellectual Property Law Conference (ABA–IPL) in Arlington, VA, held April 2019.
MISSION: To align my clients with strategic and innovative legal solutions tailored to meet their individual needs so they can give full focus to their creative process.
VALUES: Empowerment, Courage, Adventure, Wisdom, Collaboration, Organization, Innovativeness, Fun
- HBK Lawyers APC, (Glendale, CA), Law Clerk/Associate
- Yu Leseberg (Hollywood, CA), Law Clerk
- The Fried Firm PLLC (DTLA), Legal Intern/Post Bar Law Clerk
- MusicSales Corporation (Santa Monica, CA), Copyright Extern
- Texas Medical Board (Austin, TX), Legal Assistant I
- Mehaffey Weber, P.C. (Austin, TX, Legal Secretary
- Komie & Morrow, LLP (Austin, TX), Paralegal
- Mueller Law, PLLC (Austin, TX), Legal Assistant
- Germer PLLC, formally Germer, Gertz, Beaman & Brown (Austin, TX), Clerk
- Office of the Governor of Texas, Constituent Services Intern
Juris Doctor, Southwestern Law School, Los Angeles, CA
Master of Arts in Legal Studies/Paralegal Certification, Texas State University, San Marcos, TX
Bachelor of Business Administration, International Business, St. Edward’s University, Austin, TX
- Association of Media and Entertainment Counsel
- Beverly Hills Bar Association
- GrammyU (LA Chapter)
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- Latina Lawyers Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association (ELIPS)
- Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles
FUN FACTS ABOUT YOURS TRULY:
- My favorite genre of music to listen to is 90s alternative rock and to jam to is Classic Rock like The Who
- My favorite band is Third Eye Blind
- I enjoy traveling and adventure
- I am an avid music festival goer
- My favorite color is purple
- I have been a winning contestant on the game show, Let’s Make A Deal
- I play piano, clarinet, and bass guitar
- I have the most interesting chihuahua in the world, little miss Coco